Welcome to talk-able Tuesday. This is where I want to encourage you to be in God’s word because when you are you will grow in your faith and your life will be full. Let’s get started. You and your soul are going to love it!
We have been talking about prayer the past three weeks.
- Week 1 – I encouraged you and myself to “Get Started Praying.”
- We created a Prayer Jar to be able to pick one bible verse a day from the jar for 35 days to be able to read what the Lord says about prayer and how to pray.
- I also created a Prayer Card that was a print-able for you that has bible verse on it so we can pray bible verses and have a prayer strategy when we are praying.
- Lastly, I encouraged you to set a goal in regard to prayer. What you want to accomplish in your prayer life. Here is a link this blog post so you can print these print-ables if you have not already done so. CLICK HERE
- Week 2 – We talked about “how to pray”. On the Prayer Card there is a 5 step strategy as to how we can begin to pray. As Sheila Walsh has said, “Pray hardest when it is hardest to pray.”
- Week 3 – I encouraged you to keep praying. Keep moving toward your goal. Keep obeying God’s word. He calls us to pray always. Ephesians 6:18 – And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. And Romans 12:12 says, rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
After putting all these things in place, is PRAYER beginning to be your default response to your life circumstances?
You know what I have noticed this month since I have been intentional about making prayer a part of my daily life (my prayer goal is to pray 5 minutes each day) and using all the things I talked about in the past 3 weeks? Prayer is becoming more and more my default response to the various circumstances in my life.
- I have noticed that my response to life situations has slowed down.
- Example: When my son becomes upset over a situation in his life, I am more apt to respond in a voice and manner that is calmer and deescalating.
- When my husband and I are discussing current events we both go to prayer quicker to make our requests known to the Lord and to lay them there.
- I find myself making sure that I am set up to be able to finish my morning activities before my son is up and husband is ready for our morning cup of coffee together, so I can pray and then read God’s word.
- I have my spot in my house where I go to pray and read God’s word. This time is becoming more and more precious times for me.
- I have been giving prayers of thanks more often and this has filled up my own heart with gratitude for all the Lord has given me and my family.
- While driving in my car, I am quicker to pray and give praise as I see things happen around me.
- I have been praying God’s word more and claiming it as truth.
Is this happening to you? Is prayer becoming a default response for you as you go through your day? I am excited to continue growing in my prayer life and I pray the same for you! God wants to have a close relationship with you. Keep making prayer your default response to your circumstance
I will see you next week in March as we talk about Direction: Where do I go?
Can’t wait. Talk to you soon,
Your Print-able for this week! This week’s print-able is meant to continue encouraging you to PRAY. I have 3 print-able options for you to choose from or print off all three options!!!
- Take my wreath print-able and write your favorite prayer bible verse inside the wreath and you can color the wreath too! CLICK HERE
- You can take my wreath print-able and trace my hand-lettered verse in gray with your favorite color and then color the wreath too!! CLICK HERE
- You can print off my wreath print-able that is all ready hand-lettered and in color. I have a large and small version for you. CLICK HERE FOR SMALL CLICK HERE FOR LARGE
I want to encourage you to pin up your wreath to be reminded to pray constantly and to continue to encourage yourself make prayer a default response to your life circumstances. Have fun!!!