This last week I was talking with my Mom and she asked if I was going to be lettering the verse in Micah 6:8 because it is one of her favorite verses. To be totally honest, this is my husband’s favorite verse and one of my favorite verses too! So, after my Mom asked about his verse, I was totally impelled to hand-letter this verse for you all this week.
How many of you also just love this verse? I would love to know 🙂 Click the email icon at the end of this email and let me know!
Here is Micah 6:8 and it is lettered for you this week to print off as your print-able to be reminded of how to walk in this life.
- He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?
God wants you to walk Humbly with Him.
- Not in-front of Him,
- Not behind Him,
- but WITH Him.
How totally awesome is that. The God of this universe wants you to WALK WITH HIM. Wow, take a breathe and pause for a moment and let it sink in… God wants you to walk – with – Him. There is one stipulation to being able to walk with Him AND it is that you need to do it HUMBLY. This is what is good. Behave justly, LOVE mercy, and then walk humbly with your God. Whose God? Your God.
All I can say is … A-W-E-S-O-M-E
Let’s look at the questions we are asking ourselves about being Humble as we read Micah 6:8
- Am I humble?
- Are you humble? Are you able to walk WITH your God?
- What does being humble look like?
- Being humble is acting justly in our dealings with each other and loving mercy. Having mercy is being willing to forgive and allow others in our lives to move forward. Our mercy needs to extend to our husbands, children, friends, family members, strangers and enemies. We are suppose to love and enjoy extending mercy to others. (This is not always easy for me to do especially when I have been emotionally hurt by someone. But when I do extend mercy, which is an act of humility, putting my hurts feelings aside and not requiring something back, relationships can soar! So hard to do, but so rewarding!!!)
- Why does God tell us/you to be humble?
- According to Micah the prophet, when we are JUST and LOVE MERCY, we can walk humbly with our God.
- So why be humble? To be able to walk with our God, to be able to walk WITH our FATHER
- And… How would the world look if we did this one thing: Be Humble?
- Justice and Mercy would reign in our dealing with each other and we would be walking WITH our God!
- We would have lives of Peace!
- Hmmm,…It would be like having heaven on Earth. The Lord’s prayer would be actually happening…thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven…
Ladies, let’s be just in our dealings and love mercy and then let’s walk humbly WITH our God!
May you have a wonderful week WALKING WITH YOUR GOD!
Click Here for your Small Print-able
Click Here for your Large print-able
One thought on “Humility – Week 4: Walk Humbly”
This truly is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. Thank you Krista, for the beautiful printable. This one will be framed. Also looking forward to sharing this months talkables with the girls at the detention center, plus small printables. They await copies of your inspirational art work, every week.