My desire is that as you color your print-able you will be able to take some time to dwell on God’s word and think about why he talks so much about being humble in His word.
I think that being humble is vital to our relationship with God. God himself is so humble and with His humility He gives us so much, patience, gentleness, goodness, kindness, self control, LOVE, joy, peace …Hmmm…. are these not the characteristics of God? The fruit of His spirit that we read about in His word? The same fruit we are to have in our lives? Wow… something to ponder.
Isn’t it amazing how this all comes together?
Being HUMBLE is key in our relationship with God and is then key in our relationships with others.
Let’s look at the questions we are asking ourselves about being Humble as we read 1Peter 5:6-7 – Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you in due time casting all your care upon Him for He cares for you.
- Am I humble?
- Are you humble? Are you possessing God’s characteristics and being under the mighty hand of God?
- What does being humble look like?
- We are to humble ourselves. If we are not humble, how can we get under God’s hand for Him to then lift us up in His due time?
- Why does God tell us, tell you, to be humble?
- We are to be humble so that He can lift us up and while we are living we are to cast all our care on Him and let Him carry our cares and concerns for us as we live out our lives.
- “lifting us up” can mean when our lives are through here, if we are humble and have bowed to His authority and His sons saving grace, we will be lifted up and will be with Him in heaven when our lives here are completed.
- And… How would the world look if we did this one thing: Be Humble?
- We would all he living humbly under the mighty hand of God, which would mean we are living by God’s rules and not man’s. AND we would give God all our cares and therefore we would not have to worry, fret, or have fear. That would be epic!
See you next week!
A little note: My computer has had a bit of a crash and my Microsoft word is not fully working, so I am not able to create the small version of your print-able. Thank you for your understanding.